I was extremely impressed with the calibre of speakers and the insights they shared at my first ever IABC event ‘I’m a comms professional … get me the advice I need!’
T he night was an opportunity to come together with fellow communication professionals to learn from some of the leaders in our field:
Lynda Proude – Corporate Communications Manager at Sydney Trains
Phillipa O’Reilly- General Manager Group Internal Communications at Coca-Cola Amatil
David MacGregor – Head of Internal Communications at Woolworths Food Group
David Lording – Head of Media Relations at Westpac Group and
Ike Levick – Head of Internal Communications at Deloitte Australia.
I enjoyed the unique group Q&A format which allowed guests to speak directly to the experts and ask questions based on their professional experiences. We rotated from table to table as each of the speakers touched on different communication topics including Communications Strategy, Leadership Communications, Employee Engagement, Crisis Management and Change Communications.
Some of the key take outs from the evening include:
– the importance of building and tailoring a narrative to ensure all stakeholders understand that they can contribute to change – “let it come from the people”;
– be creative with leadership communication by using blogs and digital content to achieve a higher engagement rate with staff;
– not being afraid to ask your company’s management exactly what they want to achieve with a project when you’re tasked with communicating that strategy;
– the need to be increasing agile in the face of crisis by having issues registers, systems and guidelines in place – being proactive and not just reactive; and
– that bravery and transparency is required to maintain engagement during difficult times and when business results are challenging.
The night concluded with some beverages and more interesting discussion at the swanky Morrison Bar on George Street.I look forward to attending IABC NSW events in the future. Thank you to the team for organising such a fantastic and informative evening.
Amy works with the Partners and clients across all aspects of John Connolly & Partners, including communications strategy development and coordination for clients in media, sport, banking and resources and high-profile transactions and corporate crises; litigation support for class actions, actions involving regulators and large commercial disputes; delivery of communications collateral, issues monitoring and research for boards and senior executives representing multinational corporations.